Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the fine art of helping your website advance through the ranks of the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) with the goal of eventually landing in the coveted top-spot-in-the-organic-listings.
If you are in a competitive industry, gaining that top spot will require time and dedication. But the general principles of SEO are no secret.
Websites will tend to rank well if they have:
- A well-organized site structure
- “Great content” that’s relevant to the user’s search query
- A title tag that’s relevant to the user’s search query
- Lots of natural inbound links
- A good reputation on Google Plus (and possibly on other review sites as well)
- Location-based relevance (e.g. physical proximity to the user)
- Fast page load and server response times.
Local Search Engine Optimization by Mardesco
Mardesco can help you optimize your website for maximum search-engine friendliness. You will increase human traffic to your website when you increase crawl rates from the all-important major search engine indexing bots, including “deep crawls” that index your hierarchical content.
- Plan your content strategy for customer impact and search engine impact
- Optimize your website navigation
- Optimize your web page URI’s
- Optimize your page titles
- Optimize your web page content
- Optimize your landing page design for conversions
- Write & create unique, fresh, interesting content
- Find and fix the source of HTTP status 404 “Not found” errors
- Retain page rank for changed URLs with HTTP status 301 “Moved permanently” redirects
- Optimize your on-site links for maximum crawlability (and improve human usability in the process) with
- Hierarchical navigation menus
- Human-readable HTML sitemap
- Optimize page load times
- Client-side code optimization (concatenation & minification)
- Web server performance optimization (compression & caching)
- Generate machine-readable XML sitemap & submit it to search engines for indexing
- Set up relevant social media properties for your brand, if you haven’t already
- Link your website to relevant social media platforms in the header meta tags
- Add social sharing icons to your web pages to increase shares
- Help you measure trends in visitor traffic, including traffic sources, visitor flow, and conversion rates
- Help you identify traffic bottlenecks (pages with high drop-off or bounce rates) as potential sources for improving visitor retention and conversion rates
We are certain that these strategies can improve your website’s ranking in the search results. More importantly, these strategies will set you on a path to long-term success in your industry.
Mardesco is here to help with website SEO for your small business in Salem, Corvallis, and Albany, Oregon.
Still have questions about SEO? Read on.
What about the top spot?
Good search engine optimization requires time and dedication.
It’s not easy to attain the top listing for competitive keywords: especially if you are unseating an entrenched competitor, or overcoming an old penalty.
Distinguishing your brand, or narrowing your target audience, can help you improve your website’s ranking without battling larger competitors over more general terms.
The website “Search Engine Land” estimates that these factors are weighted by the search engine algorithms to determine a website’s ranking:
“But some other internet company made it sound easy!”
Be wary of bold promises about SEO services. There are disreputable companies (often SEO companies based overseas) who will promise all sorts of things. Often they fulfill these promises by optimizing your site for irrelevant keywords; or by briefly winning a coveted listing through the use of improper techniques that may get your site banned in the future.
Local and credible
Mardesco is right here in the Salem area. We’ve had a local presence since moving to Silverton in the summer of 2012. And we are here to stay. We are building a reputation for excellence and trustworthiness by establishing long-term relationships with our customers.
SEO done right
Search Engine Optimization by Mardesco relies on solid techniques and industry best practices to gain website traffic for the long term. We are excited about helping you get a great reputation for your company’s online presence.
At Mardesco, our SEO web design process starts with a free consultation. Call today for yours!